Thoughts, opinions, feelings, and experiences of the Steel Winged Butterfly.

What is posted on this page is life-as observed and lived. I write what I know and see. It is for no one individual. It is for every individual. I'm not here to change your mind. I'm here to put a mirror to your face so that you may see for yourself.



Please note that everything I write on this blog, unless otherwise cited, is MY OWN work. I give credit where credit is due, so I expect others to as well.

After all, if I had wanted others to plagiarize my thoughts and words, I would have just posted it in a facebook status update...

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Prayer Cycle: Compassion/Prayer of St. Francis

The Prayer Cycle
Part I: Compassion/Prayer of St. Francis

I am nothing without the purpose that guides my heart. 
The work of my hands accomplishes nothing if it does not build Your kingdom. 
The words from my mouth are empty if they do not inspire the best in others. 
My mind is idle if it is not focused on Your work. 
My feet are lost within the sands if they are not guided into Your service.

Make me an instrument of Your peace.

Through the love of those around me I have come to know Your nature.  And though there be the ever-present and outspoken Thomas in my mind, through compassion I seek to know You.  It is through this compassionate awareness of others that I have come to a point in life where I have seen and experienced many things that trouble me.  I am in a place where I am sensitive enough to know that some of the things I see are wrong yet I lack the wisdom and grace to articulate their exact nature while showing the same compassion towards the instigators as the victims.  Moreover, I lack the enlightened vision to mend all that is broken...including myself.

So, with humility, I ask that You make me an instrument of Your peace…

I don’t ask that You set my path in a certain direction.  I only ask for the wisdom to know, speak, and act upon the truths You have placed in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment