Thoughts, opinions, feelings, and experiences of the Steel Winged Butterfly.

What is posted on this page is life-as observed and lived. I write what I know and see. It is for no one individual. It is for every individual. I'm not here to change your mind. I'm here to put a mirror to your face so that you may see for yourself.



Please note that everything I write on this blog, unless otherwise cited, is MY OWN work. I give credit where credit is due, so I expect others to as well.

After all, if I had wanted others to plagiarize my thoughts and words, I would have just posted it in a facebook status update...

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

If I Never Sing Again

My voice is not everlasting…Color and Tambour quickly fading…
The cigarettes have made their mark…my sound is rough and dark…
Raw…like the heart that speaks through the music…that communicates in rubric…

So come on! Hold on! Sing this song! Before it’s faded and gone!
So come on! Rock on! Feel this strong! Before the music’s long gone!

Singing for the things unsaid, for all that’s gone and dead…
Scream for the dreams unfed…anorexic… that flew like balloons of lead…
Abandoning the lyrics I read…lifeless…Imma speak from my heart instead…

So come on! Hold on! Sing this song! Before it’s faded and gone!
So come on! Hold on! Feel this strong! Before the music’s long gone!

Imma let my feelings flow on tap…the gift without the wrap…’fore I disappear off the map…
Off the radar…the message in Morris Code taps…translation under wraps…face hidden by a Sox cap…
Invisible…but to my words they clap…caught in the trap…speakin my peace ‘fore they bust a capp…

So come on! Hold on! Sing this song! Before it’s faded and gone!
So come on! Hold on! Feel this strong! Before the music’s long gone!

Capp bust right in the back…right in the brain…cracked…in the cerebrum—a smack…don’t talk back…
I spit fact…you can’t get me off track…so give it up…just drop this little act…I got you pinned like a tack…
Truth breakin your spineless back…strung up on the rack…there’s only one way Imma cut you slack…

Just come on! Hold on! Sing this song! Before it’s faded and gone!
So come on! Hold on! Feel this strong! Before the music’s long gone!

Back off…back down…retreat to your little corner…run back to your little friend and forewarn her…
Tell her that the puma’s out of her cage…and if disturbed…she’s gonna strike back with blind rage…
Time may silence the jaguar’s voice…but for now…this cat is silent by choice…listening to her song sung in rejoice…

So come on! Hold on! Sing this song! Before it’s faded and gone!
So come on! Hold on! Feel this strong! Before the music’s long gone!

Before--I no more--sing my own song.

(c) The Steel Winged Butterfly, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment